Thursday, July 24, 2008

This and That

Well, it's been awhile since I have posted so I thought I would give everyone a hopefully quick rundown of what we've been up to. I'm going to try to squash it all into one post in attempt to not bore everyone with our summer in review.

Mid June-Dam 1/2 Marathon & 5K in Rexburg
Here are the highlights...loved the course, weather was perfect. My mom and Dad were able to watch near the finish line from their back driveway. I improved my time by a couple of mins setting a new PR wooho! Chad ran the 5K and did awesome especially for an anti runner, first timer. He got exactly 100th place! We hope to make this one a yearly event. No pics, I am waiting for Sara to email them to me (hint hint).


End of June- Ragnar Relay

My 3 not so favorite parts -1. My new found intimate relationship with Honey Bucket porta potties 2. The stomach pains that lasted for a week afterwards. 3. My first leg, 7.4 miles UP avon pass (dirt road) at 3 in the afternoon, heat of day. It royally kicked my butt! I set a new PW (personal worst)


My 3 favorite parts - 1. My midnight run through Morgan, Chad rode his bike along with me, it was so sweet. I felt as though I kind of redeemed myself from my crappy 1st run, I felt great this leg. 2. The roar of snoring as we walked into N. Summit H.S. to crash for the night, as we walked up the stairs we were stepping over people sleeping on the stairs we kept saying oops sorry and they just said "it's okay we just couldn't make it any further." I just wanted to say I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! I COULD JUST DIE RIGHT NOW! We ended up getting 2 hrs of solid sleep even amongst all the snoring but it only felt like we layed down for like 5 secs. We were grateful for the sleep however, because some of our teammates in the other suburban didn't get ANY. 3. FINISHING! Oh what a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. We hung out at the finish line for several hours until the rest of our team finished. We ate and got massages. I felt really sorry for the poor girl that gave me mine. I think she got the worst end of my stomach makes...if you know what I mean....silent but deadly. I tried my darnedest to hold them in but I was just so relaxed. Let's just hope I never see that poor girl again!


Well that's the rundown on that....here are few pics for your viewing pleasure. We had fun seeing all the different team names, some were so funny like BE BRAVE DON'T CRY, that was my favorite. I think I would like to do it again maybe with a team I knew a little better, but thank goodness for my sis Sara I would have not survived without her! All in all it was an awesome experience.


Half of our team...at the beginning of the race.

The hand off!


Sisterly love :)

Finished!

LAST WEEKEND OF JUNE - Plant Family Reunion in Island Park


Oh where do I begin. It was awesome to see my immediate family as well as cousins and their families. My brother and his family came up from California and stayed with us at our cabin. The rest of my family was there as well. The boys all had tons of fun fishing. Chad caught a huge 7 something pounder that he's having mounted. He was pretty excited. We lovingly named the Ranger the short bus I think at one point we had 15 people and 2 dogs in it, we got some pretty funny looks I and I'm pretty sure we got our picture taken by a few strangers as well. We also named our Ghetto Fabulous cabin Goldfinger (aka James Bond) for it's rocking 70's style. It was fun playing card games (although some found ways to CHEAT...you know who you are!)



Chad and Kennedy


Kids at the spring



Kennedy and Kendall at the Grandma party


More Grandma party


Fishing! (sort of)


cousins



cousin bums


4TH OF JULY WEEKEND- Fireworks on Willowbrook and a BFF wedding


sparklers!



bounce house fun!

Kennedy and Ashtyn


In all the 6.5 years we have been married, Chad had never experienced fireworks on Willowbrook, the bounce house and of course out do-ing the Caldwell show. So we ventured over to Nampa-Caldwell-Boise for the festivities and the wedding of a good friend in Boise. Kennedy again had a blast with all of her cousins. So a big thanks to Steph and Priscilla and families it was fun be back celebrating the 4th with family. We stayed with my good friend Erica in Nampa who was so cute and sweet to let us stay at her cute house. On Sat we went to my friend Jen's wedding. She looked so gorgeous and happy, I'm so happy for her. It was fun to see a few friends from H.S. and visit the ol stomping grounds. I love that area and if I could think of a way to get Chad back there we would move in a heartbeat, I miss it but of course I think you're always partial to where you grew up. Anyway congrats to Jenn, she is such a sweetie and we wish her the best.....(no pics of the actual wedding cuz I'm a loser and a horrible picture taker and forget my camera at the most important times...ah well)

Family pic before the wedding


Walking around downtown


Erica and I, she's such a sweetie! can you believe she's prego?

7 comments:

erica said...

I'm so glad to see a new post from you! I had almost given up hope. :) I thought about you today because a patient told me that I looked like an Emily.. I told him, "that's funny, my twin sister's name is Emily!" He totally bought it. :)

CrazyinIdaho said...

Thanks for the update! I haven't heard from you or talked to you for a while now. Sara said you were busy planning Kennedy's birthday. I can't believe she's 3!Hope it went well. Luv ya!

Alison said...

Cute pictures! Congrats on the run--no way I could ever do that!

SKH said...

I laugh (so hard) every time I think about or hear about you stinking up the rub down parlor. Its like the 'did it hurt?' story that I almost pee my pants every time.

Anonymous said...

What fun photos. I hadn't looked @ these for awhile. Fun,Fun,Fun- and more to come. Will be looking forward to B-Day photo's.

Love Ya,

Kevin and Heather said...

I'm so excited to see a new post :)I'm so proud of my marathon runner friend!

Brigitte said...

Okay, so I love love love your new header and papers!! Very vintage and hip. :) And I'm so glad you are back to blogging... except now it's been another month since this post. But it looks like you are super busy so I guess you have an excuse. Hopefully things will settle down with summer ending.