Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


This picture Chad and my Dad on the 4th of July last year. Kennedy was a little scared of the sparklers.

Here's my father's day post, a day late, but I had to at least do a little tribute to the wonderful father's in my life. Chad has been such a wonderful father and husband to me. When we were first married I loved watching him with all of my nieces and nephews and couldn't wait to see how he would be with our own kids. He is such a loving father, and he works so hard to support our family. Kennedy asks every day if we can go to daddy's work, most days we do and Kennedy loves being with her dad any chance she gets. Chad has always supported me 110% in anything I have wanted to do. That quality and is concern for everyone around him makes him such a wonderful father.
I am also grateful for the Ralph's in my life (My dad and Chad's dad have the same name, funny huh!) I always tell everyone that I wouldn't be who I am without my dad. He encouraged me in so many ways. I would not have even gotten into nursing school without his encouragement and support. He gave me the confidence I needed to succeed. He instilled a great sense of independence in me that I am so grateful for and has helped me through difficult trials in my life. It was never and option to not do something but he always had a way to figure how to make something work, even if it's not how you thought it would work out. He taught us hard work and if something doesn't work you figure out a way to make it work. That has applied to my life in so many ways.
I am also so grateful for my father in law who also taught Chad hard work. Ralph always is concerned for everyone's well being, never worried about himself. During a difficult time he reminded me that service is the pure love of Christ. Ralph is a perfect example of unconditional love.
I love all the dad's in my life...thanks for all you do, you are wonderful!

No comments: