Thursday, September 11, 2008

Preschool and Candy Corn


Even though it's over a week late, I had to blog about the first day of school. Kennedy has been so excited. I was worried she would be a little nervous, but she just walked right in and said "bye mom" I also thought I would be a little sad as well but turns out I LOVE IT! It's nice to have 2hrs twice a week of uninterrupted workout or whatever time. Today when I picked Kennedy up she saying her goodbyes to all her friends..."Bye Abby, love you!" "Bye Bye sweet friends" She also was very excited to tell me how they learned all about green! It's so fun to watch her get so excited about things, in fact her teacher asked us if she was always that happy. The thing I love the most is it gives us a little more routine. I love this time of year, new backpacks slightly cooler weather, candy corn...oh my I must gain like 10 pounds every year when they put the candy corn out in the stores. I eat so many my stomach hurts, my teeth hurt and I get a headache but I JUST CAN'T STOP! I think I may have even been hallucinating the other night because I told Chad he looked like a candy corn...his shirt was yellow and orange and he looked so yummy! He just gave me weird look...whatever. Every year I O.D. on this yummy treat to the point they repulse me, but not yet...hopefully soon...for the sake of my gut and butt.

4 comments:

SKH said...

I love laughing out loud at your blog. Should I be jealous that you have a husband that looks like candy corn? We are so taking some to the game Saturday!

erica said...

Yum! I love candy corn too, and pretty much do the same thing you do every year! Must be a Kernenry thing. :) I can't believe Kennedy is already in preschool! Man, where does the time go?

Kevin and Heather said...

That is so funny about Chad. I think I saw him wearing that shirt. Now I'll think of candy corn if I see him in it again. You may need to get some counseling if your starting to hallucinate:)

Emily Kern said...

I can't believe Kennedy is already in preschool! She is such a sweet little girl. Do you also love those pumpkin things? I think candy corn is yummy, but I am okay with about a handful a year.