
I heart my small little town. We have a cute little place where this old farmer makes willow wreaths and in the fall he has pumpkins. He told us he decided 10 years ago October was just going to be about having fun. Which makes perfect sense since it is my birthday month! :) So, some friends and I decided to go get pumpkins, take some pictures and then paint them. Kennedy and some of the little kids were scared of Mr. Dabs as the pumpkin head but warmed up to him after a while. He would just walk around doing magic tricks and talking about his pumpkins, you could tell he just loved it.
It's funny all of the kids different expressions. One lady came up to us and asked if we were all on a field trip. It was pretty funny because it just happened that there were alot more kids there than we planned which was great but we just laughed and said yeah I guess you could call it a field trip. Mr. Dabbs was so nice and patient and just loved taking all of the pictures with us, and we took a ton.


So they had these really cute corn stalks there for $5 for a huge bundle. My friend Carly and I wanted som and were sure we could fit them in my car. The funny thing is last year, her and I were on a bike ride together around the neighborhood and there were a bunch of corn stalks in this guys yard with a sign FREE. We of course could not pass up the opportunity so we stuck them in the back of my bike trailer, roots and all and rode them home. We laughed so hard the whole way because of how ridiculous we must have looked. So this time we were remembering our silliness of a year ago and again had a good laugh.

We could barely see and the kids kept complaining cuz they couldn't see.

The kids had fun painting the pumpkins, thank goodness for washable paints! And it really does come right out!
The finished product. We took a few ideas from some magazines for the adult pumpkins.
Kennedy's blue pumpkin. It's really just all the paints mixed together. So if you ever wondered, that's the color it makes. She was very proud!Below, my front step with the very tall corn stalks. They have red berry type things on the top. Are the just the tassells? I don't know but I sure thought they were cute! Notice I have grass!! Woo hoo!

And in the back too! Chad built this rock wall...or line of rocks..whatever but I love it! Next step...trees and plants!

10 comments:
I think I might have been afraid of the pumpkin head man too..Kinda headless horsemanish? AND WOW on the # of kids. Were they all with you? What a fun little fall trip. I want to go with you again and get another wreath or some sort of wall weed :) Lets just cut bountiful, kaysville and Layton and oh yeah clearfield, roy and ogden off the map and then mash Farr West and Salt Lake together...We could add 3 more kids to that pack :)
I love seeing your fall fun. It was so nice of the Pumpkin head guy to make your birthday month so special!!Looks like a really fun day. I am just excited that I am now done with orientation at the Hospital!!!!! Now we might be able to find some fall fun too.
Looks like fun! And I love those corn stalk things, I definitely would have been jamming them in my car to get them home, too!
I love your new landscaping! I am also excited to come next weekend for some October/Emily's birthday month fun! See ya!
Looks like fun. I love the corn stalks.
What a neat tradition! I wish we had a pumpkin head man to take Mack and Andi to visit. haha. That will be a great memory for Kennedy. And I loved the photo of you driving with the corn stalks... haha! I bet that was quite the sight.
Kind of scary pumpkin head man! Your front step is so cute! I love the corn stalks!
I have to make a comment because Sara walked me through how to do it yesterday and I have to practice how. I am kind of slow on the computer but having Grandma Kern here showed me it could be worse.
I Love Fall and Fall activities. Maybe its because October is my birthday month too.
See you when you come up to your cabin around he 26th! Mom
This is my second try at a comment so there may be two. Mom
how fun!!! I am so jealous of your grass, thats all I want. oh well. Looks like you all had fun, I love the pumpkin head. I know my kids would be afraid.
Post a Comment