A couple of days after Christmas we went up to the cabin in Idaho. This is one of our very favorite things to do as a family, especially in the wintertime because it is always such a winter wonderland! Chad's cousin Todd and his family were in Utah for Christmas and really wanted to come to the cabin and get some snowmobiling in. They live on Kauai so they were excited to let their kids experience some snow. Island Park has so many wonderful memories for Chad and I. We spent allot of time up there when we were dating snowmobiling and just goofing around. We got engaged up there New Years Day 7 years ago, on a night snowmobile ride, of course. WOW! I feel old. When we were first married and living in Twin Falls, on our days off just the two of us would go snowmobiling up by Sun Valley or in the South Hills. Chad has shown me there is so much beauty to be seen in the snowy mountains and such a sense of peacefulness of the quiet snow. I love when we get to the top of the mountain and everyone turns off the machines and we just sit. It's indescribable. I'm pretty sure we have been up there every New Years since then, except this one. Everyone had to be back for New Years Eve and I had to work , so it made for a whirlwind trip, but still very much worth it! These pictures are in random order. We got a new camera for Christmas I had a lot of fun playing with it and taking fun pictures.
Chad got Kennedy a helmet for Christmas, pink of course. She has been so excited about snowmobiling this year.
Chad and Todd with Kennedy and Tanner. Chad and Todd always had so much fun riding when we were all at BYU-I so they were both excited to let their kiddos experience the magic!
I love this picture, Kennedy is looking up at Chad so cute. She is such a daddy's girl, she always says "Mom, daddy is my best friend!"
Cousins! Kennedy and Tyson. Poor Tyson has documentation of him wearing a pink and purple snow suit. I think I have a picture of Kennedy in the snow at that same age and I think you would think they were twins!
Another pic of Chad and Kennedy and the pink helmet.
Usually there isn't this much snow this time of year but thanks to all of the storms there was plenty to play in!
Kennedy sliding down a mini hill right by the cabin.
Tanner and Kennedy enjoying the snow. I think Tanner had fun in it but I think he was mostly wondering "What the heck! We left Kauai for this!
6 comments:
I am so glad you found my blog so could find your blog (I am a major blog stalker/hopper)! Your family is adorable and you are just as beautiful as ever. We definately need to get together, soon!
Looks like you guys had a fun time. You have some cute pics. I wish we could have seen Todd and Meg but I know this time of year is buisy and crazy. Was there a ton of snow at the cabin?
I think that is so cool that you take Kennedy snowmobiling even though she is little. She'll have such great memories of growing up snowmobiling at the cabin! I need to be better about getting out with the kids even though it's HARD and such an inconvenience. You and your sister Sara are such good inspirations to get out there with the kids and have some fun.
Also, about the comment you left on my blog - I totally remember being at your house once and your two older sisters explaining to you that you should brush your hair every time you go to the bathroom. haha. I guess they thought your hair was a little wild. ;) Isn't it funny the things you remember from childhood? I have so funny memories with you growing up - too many to share right now but they all make me smile.
OKay - one more thing. What do you have going on this Friday? We are headed up to IF for Woody's open house and thought we might stop by and visit for a sec. It would be sometime in the afternoon. Are you gonna be around? Let me know.. if you're busy it's not a big deal. You have my number right? I'll just give you a call later on.
Sorry for the long message... guess I should have sent you an email. haha. Later!
Em, those are beautiful pictures! The one with Kennedy looking up at Chad is so, so sweet. It's probably a good thing that I'm not doing the 1/2 marathon with you all this year... last week I ran one mile and thought I was going to die!! : ) I miss you so much and can't wait to get together!!
By the way, I was cracking up yesterday as I was leaving comments after you all day! Jeana's blog, Julie's blog, Emily's blog... Ha ha!
Emily,
Thanks for finding my blog. It was so fun to read yours. Your little girl is so cute in the snow pictures! We will have to get together sometime; it has been a long time! I love that you do races with your sisters--so fun! And that you did the Wasatch back relay--that is my goal to do one year! Happy New Year!
Hey Emily, you have a cute family! Is that the same Kern family cabin we went to with your family on several occasions? I have many happy memories there!
Post a Comment