Thursday, February 21, 2008

President's Day Party!

I thought I would add a few more pictures of this past weekend. I started my blog at my sis Sara's house and just had the pics she had from the weekend. Chad and I left on wednesday night and stayed in Rexburg. I spent the morning with mom while Chad visited a few old friends in Rexburg. We had some grocery shopping to do and then had a Valentines lunch at Bajio's. Chad was so sweet and bought me a CD we always listened to when we were first dating that has been long lost. It's always so fun to be in that part of Idaho snowmobiling and especially listening to that CD brought back so many memories of when we fell in love. Thursday night we thought we'd grab dinner in West Yellowstone, partly for V-day and partly because I forgot to plan a meal for that night, oops! We ate at the Three Bear Restaraunt. It's wasn't the best food ever but it was so nice to just be with my valentine in a place we love! Although we thought maybe next year it would be nice to have a babysitter, however it's never hard taking Kennedy anyware, she's so good and makes us laugh at the hilarious things she does.
It's so beutiful up there in the winter! I love the sunny days especially. The snow was so heavy in Island Park, I love the way it fluffs on the pine trees like frosting. On monday we took a ride with Chad's family, my dad and Sara and Jay, while Chad's mom watched the little kids. There wasn't enough snowmobiles for everyone so we had to double up. I always get colder when I'm not riding my own but it was so fun to ride with Chad. It seems like it had been a long time since we rode on the same sled but I love how he has me on the front with his big arms around me and going up hills and through powder like I wasn't even there. The best is when I start driving and he hangs on to me for dear life. It's pretty funny. This weekend was just full of flashbacks of great old memories and we definately made some new ones! My favorite part about the cabin is the games!! We stayed up till all hours of the night playing various games, card and domnioes, with a little bit of guitar hero in the background practically the whole time! Thanks to Chads's sis Jenalyn for bringing it up! Were so glad friends and family will come play with us at the cabin and we hope to make many more memories!

Chad and Kennedy in the fort! This was the first little we built the first day. It got way cooler when everyone else got there and we built a slide.

Here's Kennedy and the first snowman we built. It got knocked over by the snowplow man later that day, but we built two other later, those are in the pics from my first post.

Here's cousin Ashtyn rockin' out on the guitar hero. (rockstar in the making) She got the hang of really fast. Darn kids alway outsmarting us adults!!




3 comments:

SKH said...

I love the post. Im so glad you have a blog now. I love the pic of Ashtyn, she looks so serious and so old!

Emily Kern said...

I am so glad you have a blog now too. It will almost be like we all live close to eachother, except you all really do and we don't. How sad. It is so fun to see all those nieces and nephews growing up so cute and sweet.

Anthony and Jessica said...

Hey this is your cousin Jessica! I just got word from Ashley that all of the Kern sisters have blogs! How exciting. It is great to see how you guys are doing, I can't believe how big Kennedy is! You can check our blog out at rodebushfamily.blogspot.com