Here are a few highlights of some of my recent favorite things.
Flowers -
We have loved the weather, as fickle as it has been there have been some nice days. I planted a few flowers in the cute pot Chad gave me for mother's day. What is it about flowers that just make you smile? I love them. We still have lots and lots of work to do on our yard. Time has been the hardest thing for Chad to come by, but patience is a virtue right? RIGHT? It better be, because I'm really good at it! :)

By the way that is the cute rock wall Chad built, pretty good I must say. We are still in progress on the back.
Friends -
I love my old neighbors. I say old neighbors because they don't live right next to me since we moved. Luckily we didn't move to far and honestly they were one of the reasons we didn't move very far. I'm so glad that they still call me every time the go walking. There are about 4 of us that like to go. They are all such good friends to me and I love the talks we have as we round the block. I remember last summer we went on a late night walk about 9:30. We all had left out kids with husbands but Amie had her 3 including new baby. We were all taking turns pushing strollers and then it started to rain. You'd think we thought the rain was going to melt us the way we were acting. We decided for the sake of the children to cut back through the golf course and make it home. I grabbed one of the strollers from my friend and said "here I'll run with it" she proceeded to tell me it had a wobbly wheel and I thought no big deal and proceeded to run through the grassy golf course. About half way through the wheel of course fell off and luckily the strapped in child was fine despite being tipped over. By this point we were all laughing hysterically and trying our darnedest to get out of the rain as fast as we could. We finally made it back to our houses just in time for the rain to stop. It probably rained for a total of 2 mins. We were all laughing so hard at how ridiculous we must of looked sprinting through the golf course with strollers, dogs on leashes and 4 screaming girls afraid of the rain. We still laugh at ourselves to this day.
Its kind of sad walking by my old house and see all the weeds overgrown and my cute plants and yard I used to have. I miss the summer nights out on the lawn with all the neighbors, just hangin out. Why did we move? Well we really aren't to far now, and I love our new house but I do miss being right next door to some of my best friends. All of the friends I have now are so important to me and I'm so glad to have each one of them as friends. Living here in Utah with not a lot of my family here, I feel so grateful for all of my friends. I've been talking to my friend Erica lately who has been my friend since I was 2. I cherish her friendship so much, she is like a sister to me. She lives in Nampa, ID and I miss her so much. Just talking with her lately has made me realize how grateful I am for friends, past and present. Luv ya all!
Running -
Sara (my sis) is forcing me to do the Dam 1/2 marathon, well not forcing, but it's nice to have someone to blame it on right? Really I am very excited to run with her and Chad is doing the 5K, and I didn't even force him to, it was all of his own free will and choice, amazing. I'm excited for him I think he might not hate running so much after getting a little taste of the adrenaline of race day. Okay, he might hate it more but I'm glad he chose to do it nevertheless! :) It also will be a great way to prepare for the Wasatch Back Relay the following weekend. I love having a race or something to train for because I wouldn't run as much if I didn't. I love when I fall in love with running all over again after going on a long run where I feel invincible and like I can do anything. I love running in the nice weather and out by the farm fields by my house. It reminds me of running in high school out to deer flat road by farm field after farm field. I love how clear my mind thinks when I run. I analyze my life, my goals, what makes me happy and what I'm grateful for. For me it's euphoria.
Motherhood -
Lately I have been so grateful for Kennedy. I am so blessed to have her, and I'm lucky to be her mom. I love watching Kennedy discover new things each day. She is such a chatterbox lately, I love it and it wears me out all at the same time. Today we went to a park with ducks and "eagles" (seagulls). I loved watching her intense excitement, nervousness and intrigue. I have truly enjoyed the little things with Kennedy lately. My house may not be as clean as I like it, but we get to play princess every day, what more could you ask for out of life?
Well, a few random thoughts for ya, but that's what we've been up to!
8 comments:
This is probably one of my FAVORITE posts. (Even though, I didn't make the fav list...:) I love your flower pot, Chad did do a good job picking it out. It will probably be full and over flowing by July. I can't wait to see the rest of your yard come together, and you will fall in love with this one just as much as the last.
Sara, you have always been on my favorite list, these are just my favorites as of late :)
Amazing how busy you can keep yourself. Aiden was with me & said "hey thats Kennedy" don't ask me how he remembers, he hasn't seen her in what....like 9 months or so. Love all your Hawaii pics, wish I were on some beach right now. Lets make a park date! Cacia
I like our favorites! You are a good mommy/friend. I wish we lived closer so I could walk with you! You sound like a bunch of crazy chicks!
I'm so glad that you're getting to enjoy some of the little, wonderful things in life! Sometimes it seems like stuff gets so busy, that I forget how thankful I am for what I have. You are definitely one of the "things" that I love and am so grateful that we've remained friends after all these years. You're the best, Em.
I love this post! I am a little sad that you weren't heart broken about moving away from me:) I guess we see eachother enough with the buisness and all.
Oh Heather you silly goose! You know you're my BFF, I couldn't have gotten through half the stuff I've been through without you, and for the record you were included in those "friends" :)
This is my favorite post too... i totally have this image of a bunch of girls running thru the rain like crazies and it makes me laugh. That's so good you have great neighbors, that totally makes such a HUGE difference.
Post a Comment