Monday, April 21, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

Yesterday afternoon Chad decided it was a windy enough day to fly the kite Kennedy had given him for his birthday. We went up to Chad's mom and dad's for dinner and then attempted to fly the kite. After a lot of "you've got to run faster's" and "here I'll show you how to do it's" and "you've got to let the string out faster's", we finally figured out why the kite wouldn't fly. We had put it together backwards. (who needs instructions?) After we put it together the way the instructions showed (by the way Chad is the one that put it together :) it went up smoothly the first try with no running! Amazing! It was still pretty cold and Kennedy had gone inside by the time we finally got it flying. She came back out to help Chad hold it and reel it in. She kept wanting to ride on it though, it's so funny the way kids think. Anyway it was a fun afternoon and we had a good laugh at ourselves putting the kite together backwards.


Here's Kennedy thinking "I thought this kite thing was supposed to fly in the air, not drag down along the street!"


Happy girl!



You see that little speck in the trees, that's our kite. It was still pre - reassembly so it plummeted soon after.

3 comments:

SKH said...

If you put it together backwards, doesnt that mean you just have to turn around to fly it? {{ha ha}} Poor Chad, gets blamed for everything :) Wish I could have been there to watch.

Emily Kern said...

You silly gooses! I am glad you got it all figured out in the end!

Brigitte said...

I wish I could ride on top of a kite too.... sounds like fun to me! (As long as Chad isn't the one putting the kite together.)