Today as I was scrubbing my floor, the warm rays of sunshine came through my window and I found myself frantically searching for flip flops and shorts but as soon as I opened the door to let Buster out I had a reality check. Between the snow that still covers my entire dirt filled yard and the cold air that came rushing in, I was harshly reminded of the fact that it is merely March 6th, and summer is still months away. The way the sun was warming my kitchen I could have sworn it was time to put away the itchy sweaters and frumpy clothes of winter. But of course I was wrong, and whether it be from a lack of fresh air, or built up detest for the long dreary months of winter, I experienced a moment of insanity (which some...Chad....may argue is generally more than a moment, and on a daily basis) But there is a glimmer of hope, last week we booked our tickets to Hawaii! Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! I am so excited to go I can hardly wait. We will leave the last week of April and stay for a week. So the countdown begins. I'm only 55 days away from sandy beaches, palm trees, surfing and warm weather. Did I mention I can't wait. Neither Chad or I have been, in fact when we were engaged Chad's entire family went to Hawaii and we were so rudely uninvited. I'm not sure if they just didn't want to take a gamble on someone that was not officially in the family yet or if everyone just wanted to enjoy their vacation without allot of PDA. They brought us back some nice beach towels so I can't say they forgot us completely. BUT IT'S ABOUT TIME WE GOT TO GO! I'm sure I'm boring you with all this premature excitement, but I blame this little outburst on either, boredom, seasonal affect disorder, or as stated above, probable insanity. I guess this blog is a great way to express...my, well I dunno. Profound huh?!?! Well I better get dinner going and prepare for the highlight of my week American Idol! I love David Archuleta, and Brooke. Chad calls Amanda the rocker chic the lion tamer because of her hair. She's crazy! Then of course there is Danny... TMTH!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Hawaii
Today as I was scrubbing my floor, the warm rays of sunshine came through my window and I found myself frantically searching for flip flops and shorts but as soon as I opened the door to let Buster out I had a reality check. Between the snow that still covers my entire dirt filled yard and the cold air that came rushing in, I was harshly reminded of the fact that it is merely March 6th, and summer is still months away. The way the sun was warming my kitchen I could have sworn it was time to put away the itchy sweaters and frumpy clothes of winter. But of course I was wrong, and whether it be from a lack of fresh air, or built up detest for the long dreary months of winter, I experienced a moment of insanity (which some...Chad....may argue is generally more than a moment, and on a daily basis) But there is a glimmer of hope, last week we booked our tickets to Hawaii! Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! I am so excited to go I can hardly wait. We will leave the last week of April and stay for a week. So the countdown begins. I'm only 55 days away from sandy beaches, palm trees, surfing and warm weather. Did I mention I can't wait. Neither Chad or I have been, in fact when we were engaged Chad's entire family went to Hawaii and we were so rudely uninvited. I'm not sure if they just didn't want to take a gamble on someone that was not officially in the family yet or if everyone just wanted to enjoy their vacation without allot of PDA. They brought us back some nice beach towels so I can't say they forgot us completely. BUT IT'S ABOUT TIME WE GOT TO GO! I'm sure I'm boring you with all this premature excitement, but I blame this little outburst on either, boredom, seasonal affect disorder, or as stated above, probable insanity. I guess this blog is a great way to express...my, well I dunno. Profound huh?!?! Well I better get dinner going and prepare for the highlight of my week American Idol! I love David Archuleta, and Brooke. Chad calls Amanda the rocker chic the lion tamer because of her hair. She's crazy! Then of course there is Danny... TMTH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
No fair! I will never get there I dont think. Right now I consider going to Winco without my kids a vacation.
Grocery store with no kids is a vacation! I wish we had a Winco, we loved it when we lived in Twin Falls!
Did I mention how envious I am?
I asked to stay in the hospital for an extra day for my vacation. California is sunny and warm:):):) Have fun in Hawaii and bring me back something good! I am so with you on AI !!! I love David A and Brooke, but I am also fond of David C and I will keep my comment abou David H to myself. My kids asked if Danny was a girl or a boy the other night. Reese thought he was a girl because he did "this" (as he demonstrates how a girl gets hair out of her eyes by flinging her head around. I'm glad he and his attitude are gone.
Emily our next trip is to see you, and we didn't end up using our free ticets so we can just use those! and yes good ridance to David
Ok I'm making a comment on your blog Emily about the comment you made on Heather's blog (LOL) I love Blake too and he wasn't on there last night! I was so mad!
Danny TMTH! Last night Anthony said he looked like Jessica Alba! He totally does. I am sad he got voted off, I thought he was the highlight of boys night.
Ya ok so nevermind my last comment I guess Blake did perform? Where was I? Anyway thank goodness for Youtube!
I love Blake but I was a little disapointed in his performance, a little pitchy dawg.
LUH-KEY! I wish I could go and watch you learn to surf and laugh from the white sandy beach:) Oh well, just take lots of pics!
Ya I you tubed it and I wasn't that impressed. I guess I need to find a new AI crush from this season!
Post a Comment