This last weekend Chad and Kennedy and I went up to Idaho to visit my parents. We drove up Friday afternoon and our plan was to check out the Jackson Hole Hill Climbs on Saturday morning but we got on our way and found out the roads were closed due to drifting. We ended up just driving up to Island Park to check on the cabin. It was a really pretty sunny day, perfect for a drive. Chad was a little
disappointed...he really wished he would have brought the snowmobiles
because there was TONS of snow still there. Spring snowmobiling is always nice because it's usually sunny and
a lot warmer. I think that was the bigger disappointment. He also wished we could have gone to the hill climbs but there's always next year. Now Chad thinks we need to go up next weekend and take the snowmobiles.....anybody want to come? The rest of the weekend was spent just relaxing and visiting with my parents. It's so fun to watch Kennedy with my mom and dad. She doesn't see them very often and she had
a lot of fun playing with Grandma. She woke up Saturday morning and kept saying, can I play with grandma now? Chad and I went and saw the movie
Definitely Maybe. It was a really cute show. Chad liked it too but then again he has always been a sucker for chick flicks. As we came home Sunday evening I was feeling pretty happy that we didn't live in
Rexburg because spring would be coming
sooner but then we woke up to this....

How depressing! It's actually mostly melted now but
c'mon seriously, it's nearly April!!!!

Can you believe all of this snow?

I made a deal with Chad this weekend that he would start running with me 3 times a week and do 2 races with me between now and the time next years snowmobile season starts. If he keeps up his end of the deal he gets unlimited snowmobiling next year. So we bought him some running shoes, we still haven't gone yet, I'll let you know how we do.
4 comments:
Can't wait to cheer him on at those races!:)
Oh no! If he lives up to his end of the deal my husband will think he needs to have endless snowmobile time! I'm in trouble. It will be funny to see how everything works out. I can't believe all that snow, let me know when it's all gone and I'll be ready to go to the cabin again.
good husband motivation!
Wow there is so much snow! Too bad we didn't coordinate better. We are up here this week!
Post a Comment